I started out with 2 400 blocks which I found on Craigslist. Both
were standard bore and appeared fine... Until I had them sonic tested.
Both had a couple of thin cylinders. Instead of sleeving the old
blocks and hoping for the best, I decided to go all out and purchase a
new Indymaxx block. Hopefully it will be with me for a long time to
The stroker kit is from 440 Source. The pistons are for a
4.375 bore and the compression will be 13.5:1 Rods are upgraded I-beams
with ARP bolts. The kit is supposed to be rated to 1000hp, well over
the 650 I'm shooting for.
Cylinder heads are also from 440
Source. I picked up a set of their Stealth heads which I am fitting
with Crane valve springs, retainers and locks. The cam is a Crane solid
roller with .630 lift. Cam will be driven by a Milodon Gear Drive.